Monday, February 27, 2012

We are a city on a hill...

These verses have been replaying in my head every day since we arrived in Italy. And tonight as I made my way up La Rocca... these verses exploded in my heart. Please take time to read them and then I will explain.

Matthew 5:14-16 
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.


Matteo 5:14-16


14 Voi siete la luce del mondo. Una città posta sopra un monte non può essere nascosta, 15 e non si accende una lampada per metterla sotto un recipiente[a]; anzi la si mette sul candeliere ed essa fa luce a tutti quelli che sono in casa. 16 Così risplenda la vostra luce davanti agli uomini, affinché vedano le vostre buone opere e glorifichino il Padre vostro che è nei cieli.

 La Rocca is the castle that is located in Asolo. And every night their are lights that shine upon it so you can see this castle day or night... it is beautiful Tony and I  on our many exertions have commented on how thankful we are to have it because it has helped us dozen of times find our way back home. But tonight I climbed up to the top at 9 o'clock in the evening. It was lite but as I looked out my breathe was taken away but by all of the gorgeous lights. God has called us to be a light to this world and to our community... here in Asolo.. but He calls his believers everywhere to be a Light on a HILL... so that people will see it and NOT praise the person but THE MAKER, who in His Grace has made that person NEW!!


Some other pictures I forgot my camera but I got these from the internet so you could see what we saw:
This is Pagnano Church. Tony and I went there with Massimo this Sunday. It is absolutely beautiful. We didn't understand much but it warmed my heart to worship the Father among others. 
The Canova Temple - Possagno, Treviso
Canova's Temple in Possagno: Was designed by a famous Artist,  Canova. The building took over 14 years just to design it and then another several years to build. The building's design is a combination of three distinct architectural elements: the colonade (Greek as in Athens Parthenon), the round body (Roman as in Rome's Patheon), the apsidal chapel (as in Christian). 



This is a shot from inside this magnificent church. Several famous local artist did the paintings and sculptures. There are over 272  golden flowers on the ceiling. To get a better look you can click on this website and it will let you tour the whole dome. http://www.360cities.net/image/antonio-canovas-temple-in-possagno-italy#-172.69,4.57,51.7

Thankful List: 
31. For Andrew and his daughter Catherine who have introduced us to so many sweet people and always make us feel welcomed... such a God-send.
32. For my Parents celebrating their 35th ANNIVERSARY!!! That is soo awesome they are a testimony of what real LOVE looks like everyday! 
33. For New Marriages one of my Best Friends Rebekah Henderson just got married to Liam Campbell!! So excited for that union and what the Lord is going to do in both their lives! 
34. The precious heart and love of my Sister! 
35. Getting an E-mail from my Niece Jocelyn... Made my day!! 
36. Christina at CIMBA who is going to let me Audit a Italian Class.
37. Doing errands with Tony on our bikes
38. For a hope that can not be squashed by failed plans, delays, death, or pain. 
39. For hanging out with Catherine, puzzles, laughter and just being able to be oneself
40. For Selle Italia's generosity and constant encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment