Sunday, February 12, 2012

Taking every thought captive...

This is a beautiful home nestled in the mountains near us. I found it on one of me and Kylie's long hikes in the woods.
E Belissima! It's beautiful!  

This is the fountain in the Asolo's town center  (il piazza). And there is just some of the snow we are getting!! Fa Molto Freddo ( It's Very COLD OUT!! -8 to be exact )

This our church in the square. The majority of churches here are all Catholic so instead of being called my their actual names they are just called by their neighborhoods... ever major town has a multiple of small villages around it the are called Neighborhoods. 

TONY GOT A NEW SADDLE!! TONY MOMENT #121.
His old one is in front if you cant tell my the worn sides and the new one is in the Back in all its splendor!!

Somethings are just not the same... American coffee versus Italian... Sorry I just got to have my big MUG in the MORNINGS!! ;0)

Getting all bundled up for a long walk.. Wishing now I would have let Tony by  Kylie a Jacket!

The last several days I have been wrestling with my flesh about things that we do not have or wont have for a while instead of thinking of all the AMAZING THINGS WE DO HAVE!! So we are going to just start writing down a few blessings a day of what we are grateful for.  Because I have learned... well really its a no brainier but the more you think of the Have Not's the more ungrateful you become and the more sad and pessimistic you are. But if you think about all you are BLESSED WITH the more you are filled with Joy and are overflowing with GRATEFULNESS! 

Thankful list: (in no particular order)
  1. That God's Mercies are renewed everyday and His Grace is Sufficient!
  2. Thankful for a computer and a free internet card to talk and connect with Family and friends!
  3. For an amazing husband who showers me with Love, always makes me laugh and I can tell my him anything and everything. 
  4. To have our Kylie bug here to keep me company when Tony is away and makes me go for long walks and explore even when I am tired. 
  5. For early morning talks with my Mom and Dad and late night talks with Mom and Dad Zanca!
  6. For Massimo who is always willing to give Tony a ride and who has help us bring all of our clothes and bikes up the mountain. For him going out of his way to spend time with us!! thank you thank you!!
  7. For Heat... we know alot of people who do not have it and we are so thankful for it!!
  8. For taking walks and running in to a open market for clothes... its like a JACKPOT to find one and being able to get Tony a nice jacket for 25 Euros... such a STEAL!!! 
  9. For Franko who is a shop keeper on the corner of our street who is always so sweet and greets me with a smile whether I pass by once or 10 times in a day! 
  10. For the Body of Believers who's prayer we feel lifting us up. 
  11. For Bob and Lori who took time out of their day to drive us to the store to get somethings that were way out of walking distance. 
  12. For Alessandro our German Tutor who is willing to come all the way to the apartment. 
  13. For our Church back home Radius which blessed us with money to give and the joy or being able to pass that blessing along. 
  14. For the book Kisses from Katie... and more importantly for my sister who even from miles away can challenge me so much in my walk with the Lord! 
  15. For Mark and Renata being willing to talk to us and help us with our questions. 
  16. For Donnatella our realitor who we still call almost every other day to interpret things for us. 
  17. For all of my Bodyshop crew who send encouraging e-mails, prayer request and make me laugh. Thank you thank you!! I love and miss you all. So thankful to be able to talk with Chris and Ellen this week too! 

God is so good and my cup runth over

No comments:

Post a Comment