Saturday, March 10, 2012

Does prayer change things?

Today has been all about Prayer... the importance... the why we do it... the does it matter...


2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sins and will heal their land. 


I woke up with this verse running through my head. I started to ask God so many questions.... and you know what God is soo good. He answered them.


I have been reading a book by Elizabeth Elliot called, "Keeping a Quite Heart".  
Keep a Quiet Heart
Its a book I bought about 3 years ago and never read. However when we were packing "what to bring" I for some reason (God) felt inclined to bring it. Amazing book with short little wisdom's, revelations, and so much truth. Well when I picked it up today it was on prayer actually the next 6 pages were on prayer and why you pray. 

This is what Elizabeth said (paraphrased) and I whole heartily believe it. There are 3 major reason why you should pray. 
1. God commanded it
2. Jesus prayed (even though God knows our hearts and thoughts he still wants to hear them) 
3. Spiritual Laws. Elizabeth talks about how their are not only physical laws like gravity but also spiritual laws and sometimes God will not act until we humble ourselves and pray, showing belief and faith. 

This is why I wholeheartedly believe the 3rd reason. Because when I read it, God reminded me of my mission trip with Teen Missions Internation to Egypt in the Summer of 2001. We arrived at 11:00pm into the Cairo Airport, we were the last plane to land. There were 27 students and 5 adults. We were all dressed in dark blue jean pants and bright magenta pink t-shirts. Needless to say we were extremely easy to pick out. Our rides were not at the airport and later we actually found out that they had gotten the days confused, and all our bags that had the majority of our food were missing. We also couldn't not find anyone who spoke English to help us. Finally around 1:00am in the morning they told us that we had to get our things and leave that we could no longer wait inside the building. I remember feeling panic as the police started to shew us out with automatic guns strapped on there backs. Our leaders told us all to hold hands and just pray to ourselves at that moment. Within in two minutes a women approached us her name was Cecile she was the wife of the president or the American Embassy. Fluent in English and Arabic. She had been in the airport since 7 that morning. For the last 7days she said that she had a reoccurring dream that she was to come to the airport and pick up this group. She said it was so vivid that she knew she had to obey it. She said in her dream that she always approached the group of pink people when they were holding hands in a circle with heads bowed. She saw us arrive and she wanted to run to us but she said that it was very important that she wait until the right time. She had 6 mini vans waiting for us she took us back to her apartment and fed all 32 of us. Then the next day she rented a huge bus to get us to our destination, The Lillian Trasher Orphanage in Assuit, Egypt. I learned so much about the power of prayer that summer. Cecile  wasn't a believer but yet she was obedient to the dream the Lord gave her. We got to share the gospel with her and I know that her life will never be the same as none of our lives were either.

Sometimes God will not move until we humble ourselves and pray. So do not quit. And do not let up! But keep on Praying! BECAUSE IT DOES MATTER!!

Here are a few more pictures: 
This was on my solo bike ride. I rode back to the Temple.

I know that it is blurry but one night around 9 o'clock we heard music playing SOO LOUD. I know this looks like a bunch of women dancing in the street but its not it was a bunch of the local men dressed up with blonde wigs. There did this for about 2 hours... crazy! 

Speaking of studs... Here is mine. Cant wait to see Spring here and  Vineyards in full swing! 


I do not know whats prettier the background or that bike! =0) 

This is one of the Villas Kylie and I passed on my run today! Absolutely beautiful and there are tons of them! 

This particular Villa has tons of Statues this one reminds me of Kylie and I. 


And this on REMINDS ME OF TONY!!





Saturday clothes Market!! YEAH!!!


Thankful List Continued: 

41. CIMBA Allowing me to take free Italian classes. DID I MENTION FREE YAY!!!  
42. For my teacher Signora Michele for making me feel included and just her sweet spirit.
43. Thank you for the fellowship of Believers, Tony and I were able to go to a Bible study this past Tuesday. 
44. Thank you for Mary and Kevin who opened their apartment and made us feel so welcomed to be apart of the study. 
45. Thank you for Heather, she is a CIMBA student and will be here for the next 2 years. But has been so friendly and has an amazing heart for the Lord. 
46. Thank you for Hannah and Megan two girls from Arkansas, who were at the Bible study, their faith and desire for the Lord was so contagious. And their wisdom and understanding of God's word so rich and inspiring. 
47. Thanks God for not allowing things to come easy because when all your comforts are stripped away you always realize what things are truly important.
48. Thank you for  the owner of Asolo Arte di Cannelli. who when he saw me coming even though he was driving off parked his car, got out, opened his store and gave me a beautiful print of Asolo... for FREE. I have been looking at one he has everyday I go by. He told me it was free because I am KIN now that I live here. 
49. Thank you for Michaele the DEZ EN bus driver who now drops me off at the grocery store and then picks me up outside even though He doesn't have to and its not an actual bus stop.
50. Thank you for delicious HOME-MADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP... still not as good as Mom Zanca though but its getting closer. 

1 comment: