Tuesday, February 21, 2012

One month to the day...

It absolutely blows me away to think that we have already been in Italy for a month... it seems like life only speeds up.


2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.


2 Corinzi 12:9
9 ed egli mi ha detto: «La mia grazia ti basta, perché la [mia] potenza si dimostra perfetta nella debolezza». Perciò molto volentieri mi vanterò piuttosto delle mie debolezze, affinché la potenza di Cristo riposi su di me.


Here are some pictures to recap February:
Tony helping get Kylie ready for one of our many adventures out in the snow!!
This is the most amazing man I have ever met... I love him so much!!

One of the local hotels in Asolo, "Albergo Angelo".

My sidekick!

One of Tony's pride and joys... he has been loving the riding here.
So many places to go and new routes to explore. 

How were those climbs today... 

Team Hoffenchard: It's official you are internationally known now!! 

Homemade Salami nothing can compare...
he smiles like that every time  he takes a bite.

Tony heading off to work! I am so proud of my honey! 

Kylie's Throne.. this is where
she sits while I study. She does not even let Tony and I sit here. 
Secret Garden's are everywhere here. Behind this door is over an acre of
gorgeous garden and random marble staircases. no joke!
This is one of the many mansions here in Asolo.
They are breath taking. 

This is one of the 7 peacocks that parade around inside this mansions courtyard.
CRAZY! Sharon every time I see a peacock I think about you and Gamma!=0) 


Tony getting ready to take off for a long ride!! In which he ended up doing a photo shoot for some local photographers.


A random find on a lonely hill... I wonder what it used to be??

Tony and I went to an Italian  play called "Il Mistero Dell'Assassino Misterioso" it was a comedy murder mystery and even though we couldn't understand the words they did an excellent job and we got the gist of it all. We truly enjoyed it!


This is the cast from the play... i do not know why it keeps downloading like this sorry.
Bassano del Grappa - this is where we went this past weekend 2/19/12. Unfortunately for us it was a cloudy day  so you can't see the mtns in the background of our pictures. But its was still alot of fun! 

Another parade... This coming Tuesday is fat Tuesday... the end of festival season...
We have learned that from the last two weeks in January until
Fat Tuesday it almost like festival and food indulgence month...
Everyone celebrates here the whole month before going into Lint. 

Looking down into the center of historic Bassano.. the center of the city is walled in. 

Tony and I at fountain in Piazza Garibaldi... in about 30 minutes this place became so crowded you could not hardly move.

Alessandro and Tony getting ready to cross the famous "Ponte Vecchio" (=old Bridge) in Bassano.
Alessandro is our German teacher and was so sweet he came and gave us a tour and then even gave us a ride home!

Tony is next to Grapperia Nardini it has been open since 1779 and has stared in several different movies and tv shows like "Dhani Tackles the Globe". They make their own grappa here... grappa is equivalent to Moonshine back in the states extremly stong 

One of the many views from the bridge... if it was clear you would be able to see the Gorgeous Monte Grappa Mountains
Local artist crowd the bridge singing and playing... 

And some artists just stand still... =0)
Be Still... is all the Lord has been telling me lately... man I appalled this man who does it soo well!

Tony, me and Alessandro. This Bridge which is also called Ponte di Palladio or Ponte degli Alpini, has been the symbol of Bassano and dates back to the 12th century. It has been destroyed several times during the centuries do to wars and or violent river flooding but has always been faithfully rebuilt. It is made out of pure wood and was last rebuilt in 1569. 

How I wish you could see the gorgeous mountains behind the city. 


So beautiful! 

This is "Duomo di Santa Maria in Colle" The Cathedral of Holy Mary on the Hill, this catherdal stands within the 1st wall and inside the upper castle in Bassano. This church is dated back to 998 and is one of the oldest structures in Bassano. It has been updated and was last added to in the 17th century

The street," Viale dei Martiri " Martyr Boulevard, is lined with these trees each tree represents one of the 31 soldier who was hung during World War 1. 

Parades and Confetti!! They know how to party! 

Do not judge me!! =0) 

This is the same place we took the picture by the fountain their was so many people... 

They had concerts... dancers.. floats... and everyone was in costume. The church in the back ground is" Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista", The church of St John the Baptist built in 1308. And the Piazza the party is happen in is "Piazza Liberta", Freedom Square. 


Psalm 46:10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Salmi 46:10«Fermatevi», dice, «e riconoscete che io sono Dio. Io sarò glorificato fra le nazioni, sarò glorificato sulla terra».


Thankful List Continued... 
18. For Mauro and Aletta having us over for Valentines and showering us with kindness and Italian delicacies. 
19. For sweet Jacopo (4yrs) making me laugh and reminding me of the sweetness of my nieces and nephews. 
20.  For the Hawley Company and Steve for all of their support and generosity!  
21. For Alessandro meeting us in Bassano and showing us around... for a ride home.. how can we ever repay you for your kindness! 
22. $100 in the bank from our parents to go out of a nice Valentines!
23. For getting to talk to Gabe and Reese, and Jocelyn where its on the phone or through skype.
24. For game nights with my amazing husband in the local Cafe. 
25. For warm smiles and for people who say hello back.  
26. For God giving us peace when there is no logical reason for it.
27. A package in the mail filled with Dove Chocolate!! yumm!! it only took 25 days to get here.
28. For warmer weather!! yay... It was in the 50's today!! 
29. For a husband that is willing to go to an Italian play with me when we have no idea what they were saying. It was so fun though! 
30. That God speaks to my heart everyday... and gives me the verses I need to hear but do not always want to. Because he loves us THAT MUCH!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much. It has been so incredible to watch the Lord's faithfulness through all of it. I miss you!! I am so thankful for the Lord's constant provision for you all.

    ReplyDelete