Saturday, January 28, 2012

How to Fight Fear

Click on this link!!!

How to Fight Fear

My sister Sharon shared this with me... and I have to share it with you!! I needed this today!

Thank you God for your faithfulness every time!!
You can follow Katie's blog at www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com


Also real quick... a book my sister gave me that is rockin' my world right now is called "Kisses from Katie"... a young woman who followed and is following Jesus... a huge testimony of faith and just so encouraging when we face trials of adjustments to our new home.... language, no car and the closest grocery store is 1.5miles away down hill so you have to walk back up hill. No friends, no family, no spiritual community in walking distance (that we know of yet) but do not get me wrong I am not complaining I rejoice in this new adventure the Lord has led us on and seek his face daily on what He will have us do here.

My favorite quote from the book so far is... "...I am living in the midst of the uncertainty and risk, amid things that can and do bring physical destruction, because I am running from things that can destroy my soul; complacency, comfort, and ignorance. I am much more terrified of living a comfortable life in a self-serving society and failing to follow Jesus than I am of any illness or tradegy."

 This is written by a young woman in her early 20s that lives and loves in Uganda... she cares for 14 children of her own and helps with an orphanage and ministers to hundreds of other children.

Praying for you Katie... and challenged by your faith but much more in how God has used you... in such a mighty way because you were willing and obedient.

2 comments:

  1. I love you!!! Can't wait to talk again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I have thought of you so often and proud of what you are accomplishing.
    Roseann (R)

    ReplyDelete