Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dreams to Reality

Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

When I first met my husband I remember asking him what his dreams were... and unlike most or myself he had a list.




...shortly after we met I became one of those dreams as he became one of mine. We got married July 17th 2009, and love every minute of it.




...another dream of his was to ride his bike across the United States from coast to coast. And on November 6th, 2010 he completed that dream. He road with three other guys from the San Fransisco Bay to Yorktown, Virginia.

I knew that when I married a Dreamer that our life would always be filled with adventure and excitement.

... I should have never been surprised when Tony told me he was praying about and asked if he could pursue his next dream... to move to Italy. I love watching my husband strive for his dreams and reach his goals. However, this one was hard for me at first. I was supportive but at the beginning not submissive. See, I had learned that submission is not only being outwardly supportive yet standing up on the inside and thinking I will not go. Submission is inwardly sitting down on the inside and being not only willing to go but joyful.

Now, I have no doubt that is God's design and that He is again making this dream a reality but it was a dream He gave Tony because it is also where He is directing us. The doors have flown open the support and love that we feel going into this is overwhelming and indescribable. God is so good. Thank you for all those who have been praying and supporting us through this time. We now have less than 2 weeks and we will be in Italy!
                                  This is Bassano del Grappa...6 miles from where we will be.

Pray for us as we take a huge leap of faith... one step at a time.

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you're goin to blog! At least I can feel a little but in touch with ya During this next chapter of your life! Gosh it's so crazy but totally awesome. :-) may God continue to bless y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your faithfulness to the Lord and to Tony. We will miss you terribly but are excited to see what the Lord has planned for you both! His faithfulness and glory overwhelm me daily.

    ReplyDelete