Tuesday, April 24, 2012

We made it home!!

Isaiah 55: 8-13
 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 
   neither are your ways my ways,” 
            declares the LORD. 
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, 
   so are my ways higher than your ways 
   and my thoughts than your thoughts. 
10 As the rain and the snow 
   come down from heaven, 
and do not return to it 
   without watering the earth 
and making it bud and flourish, 
   so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: 
   It will not return to me empty, 
but will accomplish what I desire 
   and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. 
12 You will go out in joy 
   and be led forth in peace; 
the mountains and hills 
   will burst into song before you, 
and all the trees of the field 
   will clap their hands. 
13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper, 
   and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. 
This will be for the LORD’s renown, 
   for an everlasting sign, 
   that will endure forever.”


If you have time please read the whole chapter or Isaiah 55... so rich for my soul this morning!! 

Here are some pictures from  Tivoli and Florence: 
(We stopped at them on our way home from Rome)

The great Villa constructed by the Emperor Hadrian near Tivoli between A.D. 118 and the 130s is one of the most original monuments in the history of architecture and art. It consists of 250 acres and is decorated with over 30 buildings that were inspired from Hadrian’s travels to Egypt, Spain,  Greece, and other areas around the world. 

One of the Theaters in Villa Adriana (Hadrian's Villa) 



The Road leading into the Villa.








She has gotten so good at taking picutes!! 


I am pretty sure there were a thousand signs that say do NOT CLIMB ON THE RUINS!! but they are all in Italian. =0) 





He can make anything look good!! =0) 



This Villa was absolutely massive... and beautiful!







Our family!! 

Thank you Jesus for a Sunny Day!


FLORENCE


Tony told me I couldnt get the whole building in the shot cause we were so close... challenge accepted... oh wait and nailed  it!!

Statue of Neptune... I didnt realize he was naked until after I had asked Tony to take this picture... I wish I would have chosen a slightly different angle. 

Statue of : Cellini's Perseus


On the  Ponte Vecchio in Florence.


The more I get to know this man in the struggles of life, the triumphs, the stresses, the relaxing times, the on your knees in prayer times, the in Florence traffic times, the "I am so sore from running 13 miles when I haven't run in 4 months" times, the snuggle times.... I grow more and more and more in love with him! 


The Ponte Vecchio is right behind me...
The Ponte Vecchio ("Old Bridge) is a Medieval stone closed-spandrel segmental arch bridge over the Arno River, in Florence, Italy, noted for still having shops built along it, as was once common. Butchers initially occupied the shops; the present tenants are jewellers, art dealers and souvenir sellers.


This is a really cool restaurant in downtown Florence. 



The Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (English: Basilica of Saint Mary of the Flower) is the cathedral church of Florence, Italy. The Duomo, as it is ordinarily called, was begun in 1296 in the Gothic style to the design of Arnolfo di Cambio and completed structurally in 1436 with the dome engineered by Filippo Brunelleschi. The exterior of the basilica is faced with polychrome marblepanels in various shades of green and pink bordered by white and has an elaborate 19th century Gothic Revival façade by Emilio De Fabris.


The statues that you see at the top of the church is Jesus in the middle and then the 12 disciples (6 on each side)... breath taking. 
Thankful list: 
101. Safe trip home 
102. For my dad who came to the airport 3 hours early because he didnt want to be late and miss us ... I love you so much Dad! 
103. That it hurt to leave Italy because in 3 months we had actually started to make some really good friendships. 
104. That my sister got home safely from her mission's trip to Uganda...cant wait to hear all about it. 
105. That we lived in Italy for 3 months and grew so much!
106. That our dog is outside of the crate and is happy to see her uncle Toby (my parents dog). 
107. For getting to hangout with Barbara before we left... such an amazing and beautiful woman. So thankful to have met you!!
108. For getting to go on a walk with Heather and just pray together before we left. Such an amazing woman of God looking forward to keeping up with you. 
109. For Massimo and Erica... for their friendship, kindness and love towards us while when were in Italy... you are always welcome in our home.
110. For coffee with Alessandro.
111. For new beginnings
112. For so many answered prayers. 
113. For God's ways that are so much higher than our own. 
114. For letting go of bitterness with the Italian government and seeing God had a reason and a plan for it all. 
115. For Jocelyn who turned 6 yesterday... can't wait to see you! 
116. For toilets that you do not have to slide forward or back depending on the if you are going 1 or 2. 
117. For MOE'S!!! 
118. For a Chris already giving me hours... I will see you on Thursday Bodyshop peeps! 
119. For laughter watching my husband doped up on Dramamine getting lost on the plane. 
120. For my husband who teaches me more about genuine faith and love everyday. 
121. For a Savior who loves me for who I am and call's me to be His daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment