Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Counting it all JOY!

A lot has happened since I last wrote. There are so many times I came to the computer to update the blog and then stopped... we have been on a roller coaster of emotions since we have been here in Italy. The only thing that has been consistent has been the waiting. And I learned to appreciate it. Some days more than others. We are not used to waiting for anything back in the States you can make things happen... but here its not like that at all you just have to wait... and hope. But when we wait we learn gratitude.

I have found so many times in my trips through walmart that it  is the kids that get everything that they want that never say thank you or say it without meaning, they think they are almost owed the gift. And then often they are the ones that look at it and say "well i would have liked red better."

I have learn through this process of waiting that I am so that spoiled little girl. Always getting what she wants when she wants it. And when I have to wait sometimes I pout, or cry, or get angry, sometimes I lay on the floor and kick and scream, sometimes I forget and run off and play with something more interesting, and some times I count my blessings for what I already have.

See its when we have to wait on the gift or the answer that makes it so sweet and rich. It what makes us appreciate it no matter what it is whether its what we want or not what we thought.

Psalm 27:13-14
I remain confident of this: 
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living. 
Wait for the Lord, 
be strong, take heart and 
Wait for the Lord. 

Here are some pictures from the April:

Tony nursing back to life a baby squirrel he found on the ground.

Bouna Pasqua!! (Happy Easter) -- This was on Tony's ride up the monte grappa... there are to HC climbs in it... super hard.

Almost to the summit!!

Tony's co-worker Mauro making his way up to the summit

And their she is!! What a beautiful place!

My honey's classic shot!

Getting ready to ride with some of the guys in Asolo. 

We went to eat at the local pizzeria and ran into our friend Andrew Herrick. Next thing you know we are eating pizzas with two pro Olympic MTB racers Mary McConneloug and Mike Broderick

One of my favorite waiters Angelo!! 

My star struck husband... so excited!! 

A new discovery on Kylie and my 12 mile hike!!


Thank you Jesus for loving us so much!

This is tony meeting up with Kylie and I at our turn around point. 

Kylie was diggin that fountain! 

He is my favorite part of everyday! 
Thankful List:

66. For stars you can be thousands of miles away and look up and stare at the same stars and it seems to take away the distance.
67. For waiting
68. For hard life lessons
69. For a phone call from Chris... and getting to hear how lives are being changed and people are coming to know the Lord as there personal Savior.
70. For finding out I will get to be in one of my best friends weddings! I cant wait to see that pretty bride!
71. For time to rest.
72. The fact that when Tony and I pray we sometimes want to get on our knees but our knees hurt so bad we just face backward on the couch. And if we do not make room for Kylie she will figure  out a way to make it herself.
73. For Birthdays: Mom Zanca, Nick Zanca, Cristen Zanca, Daddy, Gabe, and Jocelyn
74. That I can tell when my husband is having  good dream cause he has a big smile on his face and its soo cute!
75. For a God who loves me so much that he sent his one and only son to die for me, because the only way I could have a restored relationship with God is if a sacrifice was made. Thank you Jesus!!
76. I am thankful for this adventure even though I know it is going to be short than we expected... I have learned alot.
77. I am thankful that I will be seeing my family very soon
78. That I get to wake up everyday to my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment